This week in our UI Builder Bytes blog series we’re going pause from the deep dives and demos, and explore some of the excellent resources that the developer community has created around Quebec’s UI Builder.
Dev Program Resources
Because I’m not above a little self-promotion, we’ll start with what we have created from the dev program.
- UI Builder Bytes Blog Series
- UI Builder Bytes YouTube Series
- UI Builder Developer Learning Course
- UI Builder in Quebec - Live Coding Happy Hour for 2021-02-26
- Building a Portal with UI Builder in Quebec - Live Coding Happy Hour for 2021-01-22
- Theming a UI Builder Portal - Live Coding Happy Hour from 2021-03-26
- UI Builder in Rome - Live Coding Happy Hour from 2021-07-22
- Creator Toolbox - Building a Notes app in UI Builder
- Creator Toolbox - UI Builder Viewport Component
Developer MVP Produced Resources
- Aashish Atrey’s UI Builder - chrome_menu blog post.
- Ashley Snyder’s Workspace Experience and UI Builder blogs.
- Andrew Pishulin wrote about a Now Experience Overview and App Shell and Routing.
- Nathan Firth included UIB in his Top 5 Features in the Quebec Release.
- Paige Duffey wrote about how to Create an Experience in UIB.
- Philip Swann has done some UI Builder live streams on his youtube channel and has one [scheduled for today]().
Other Developer Community Resources
- NinjaBytes Blog and Youtube series may be the best resources that I’ve seen so far. Kudos to them.
And because I can’t go a week without recording a video, here’s a recording of a quick demo I gave some of the different UIB capabilities including data resources, events, client state parameters, and client scripts. This ia similar use case to a recent LCHH episode we did.
The rough steps are:
- Add an input component in a new container.
- Add a client state parameter.
- Add an event handler to the input component.
- Add a button called quick add.
Make sure to check out the previous posts in this UI Builder series, and stay tuned for more posts.
- Introduction to the New Now Experience UI Builder
- UI Builder - About Pages: Templates, Parameters, and Variants
- UI Builder - Data Resources
- UI Builder - EVAM Data Resources
- UI Builder - Client state parameters, Client Scripts, and Events
- UI Builder - Modals
- UI Builder - Building from App Engine Studio
- UI Builder - Adding a Custom Component with Events
- UI Builder - Themes
- UI Builder - Client Scripts
- UI Builder - List Components Tips and Tricks
- UI Builder - Adding Properties to a Custom Component
Have a UI Builder topic you’d like me to hit in a future post? Let me know on Twitter, LinkedIn, or sndevs.com slack (@btilton).
Share this post