On this episode, join Andrew, Brad, Chuck, and Jeremy to demonstrate how you can configure/customize out-of-the-box and store apps in Studio, then promote them to production without using update sets! Crack a beverage and come join us!
- 02:50 Introductions/Beer
- 06:47 Screenshare starts - loading an app from the store
- 08:55 Opening the store app in Studio
- 10:21 Are all store/OOB apps editable?
- 13:25 Making a simple change and publishing/installing
- 19:33 Discovering conflicting changes
- 28:01 Try this with source control
- 34:59 Dealing with branches
- 40:10 Publishing a new app
- 42:29 Differences between store apps and custom apps
- 44:56 Why still use update sets?
- 47:30 Screensharing stopped & viewer comments
- 52:05 Rating of the beers
- 54:24 Sign off
About: Live Coding Happy Hour is a weekly show provided by the ServiceNow Developer Program. Each week join as the Developer Advocate team along with guests work on a developing and enhancing real applications with unscripted and unprepared examples. See how experts at ServiceNow problem solve and learn new parts of the Now Platform.
Credits: Hosts: Chuck Tomasi, Brad Tilton, Jeremy Duncan
Share this post