This post is being continually being updated with links to our Paris Release topic blog posts and Live Coding Happy Hour (LCHH) video content.
Paris is Released!!
It is that time of the year, new release Early Availability(EA) time. Each EA period is a flurry of activity in the Developer Program. Blogs, Videos, Demos, Slide decks Oh MY! I am always delighted to share and highlight what is new for developers. Below you will find some of those highlights for developers in Paris. Over the next month or so, you can expect a steady release of deeper dives into the details.
All Paris Release notes
New for Developers in Paris
Pro Dev Tools
- APIs - Of particular note are the JSON and XML Streaming
- Studio - Enable Source Control for Global-Scoped applications - PARTY TIME
- BLOG: Global App Source Control - New in Paris
- LCHH: Paris - Community Live stream & Artifact Manager for 2020-07-31 - Created a global scoped app and linked it to source control, and did some debugging with breakpoints and the script debugger.
- Script Debugger Console - Create and modify variables and functions during runtime in the new console
Upgrades and ATF
- Automated Test Framework - Add attachments to form, Custom UI Component versioning and ordering
- Upgrade Center - Use ServiceNow Upgrade Center to plan and manage your upgrades.
Flow Designer and IntegrationHub
- Flow Designer - So many! Duplicate an action, Content filtering (by role), MRVS support, Send SMS, test in background
- BLOG: Paris: Make a Decision and Update and Delete Multiple
- BLOG: Paris Flow Designer Content Criteria and Run with Roles
- BLOG: Flow Designer and Catalog - New in Paris
- BLOG: Paris: Action Instance Ordering, Ghost Actions, and Duplicate Action Instance
- LCHH: Enhancing wifi temp integration for a cooking application - Live Coding Happy Hour for 2020-07-24
- LCHH: Paris Flow Designer - Live Coding Happy Hour for 2020-08-14
- IntegrationHub - JSON Streaming, JSON parse step, Connection dashboard, Multiple connection support
- Store - Expose many options for managing store apps and offerings from inside instance
- GraphQL Support - Enable support for custom GraghQL API to query
- CMDB - ETL store app to create and manage ETL transforms, CMDB querys for business services, Multisource CMDB, quick start tests
- Notifications - Workspace email client, system address filters, debug support
- Process Automation Designer - Brand new! Connect multiple flows together for end to end process flows
- Actionable push notifications - Push notifications with actions, without opening the app
- Notification Management - Allows admins to enable users to configure which notifications they wish to receive via mobile
- Copy an Applet - Ability to copy applets in Studio
- Navigation section - Added ability to add navigation points into UI Sections
- All Mobile enhancements
- BLOG: Paris Mobile Highlights
- Conversational Custom Chat Integrations Framework
- Custom input and response controls in Virtual Agent Designer - Custom input and response controls from topics and topic blocks.
- All Virtual Agent Paris Enhancements
- Performance across nodes - Review performance analytics across nodes
- Inbound/Outbound IP ACL - Configurable in platform allow and deny rules for IP based restrictions
- Invalid job runner user - In Instance Security Center, let administrators know when invalid users are set to run jobs
- Time - Enhanced schedule job to allow for time offsets
- External self-user registration - Allow for self registration for onboarding
Analytics, Intelligence, Reporting
- Analytics Center - Analytics interface in Workspace with Natural Language enabled
- Regression Training - Enable training against historic data to predict numerical future outputs
- Single Pane Review for ML Jobs - View all ML Solution jobs in one place
Those are just a few of the highlights you will find in the Paris ServiceNow release. You can read the release notes to find out more details on the changes. Look for more blog posts detailing new functionality in Paris in the coming days and weeks. Articles can be found with the Paris category tag. Until those are posted, go crazy digging into functionality.
To get your hands on a Paris instance, you have a few options:
If you already have an instance
You can upgrade it. From the Developer Portal, click Manage > Instance in the navigation bar. From there, click the Action dropdown and click Upgrade to Paris.
If you don’t have an instance
From the Your Instance widget on the home page, click Request an Instance.
This will open a dialog that allows you to select the version you want. Select Paris.
Occasionally, we temporarily exhaust the pool of available instances for a release family. New functionality on the Developer Portal will allow you to add yourself to the waitlist. When instances become available, you will automatically get assigned one and notify you when that happens.
Already have an instance but want to start fresh?
You must first release your existing instance by using the Your Instance widget, click Action > Release instance.
After confirming that you want to release your instance (back up anything you want to keep!), you will have to wait 15 minutes before requesting a new one. After the waiting period is over, follow the steps outlined above to get your new Paris instance.
If you would like to explore the new functionality via training, you can go to either the main training landing page or to the learning plan page to get a curated path through the training based on your persona.
Enjoy the new features, and have fun exploring! Let us know your favorite tool or enhancement you want covered in the comments and we will be sure to highlight it in the weeks to come.
Share this post